The master programme
The courses are planned with a combination of seminars and ICT-supported activities to make it possible to combine a busy work and family life with studies at the university.
A course at Master of IT is 15 ECTS. A complete Masters programme consists of 60 ECTS – or the equivalent to a one-year full-time study. Almost all participants at Master of IT-study are part-time students. They are required to finish the study within 6 years if they want the diploma.
A flexible master
Professionals have found the flexible programme of Master of IT very attractive. More than half of the participants enroll the programme without having decided whether they just want one course or they want the full programme and a Master's diploma. They enroll because they find the courses interesting and relevant to their career and practice. The possibility of ending with a Master's diploma is, however, important to the students, but most of them decide later whether or not they want to continue in the programme and earn an MSc.
The programme has three tracks: Software Construction, Organisation and Interaction Design and Multimedia.
The guiding principle
The courses at Master of it are designed by the different universities, discussed in a forum across universities headed by It-vest and approved by the steering committee of It-vest.
The guiding principle is that a course should be relevant for practitioners and based on the latest research that meets rigorous academic standards.
The courses are designed with a mixture of theory in form of theoretical lectures and presentations and practice in the form of assignments and discussions that relate theory to the real life experience of the participants. A typical course will conclude with a “research in practice” assignment, where the student analyses challenges from his or her own organisation.
The following table shows the Master of IT courses:
Courses in Software Construction
- Microservices and DevOps
- Data Science and Big Data
- Secure Software Development
- Database Design, Development and Optimization
- Software Architecture in Practice
- Network Security
- Business Intelligence: Analyzing Large Databases
- IT-security and Cryptology
- Model-driven, Component Based Development of Embedded Software
- Embedded Software for Realtime- and IoT-systems
Courses in Organisation
- Online Strategy, Cooperation and Learning
- IT Strategy and Organization
- IT Security in Organizations
- The IT Manager
- Digital Innovation and Digital Transformation
- IT and Business Development in SME
- The IT Change Agent - Handling the Human Factor
- Qualitative Analysis of IT and Organization
- IT Project Management
- Management of Enterprise Architecture
- Technology-driven Supply Chain Innovation
Courses in Interaction Design and Multimedia
- User-oriented Product Design
- Interactive Physical Products
- Information Architecture
- Design Thinking and Innovative Design Processes
- Digital Games, Gamebased Learning and Gamedesign for All
- Interaction Design and Usability Evaluations
- Digital Communication Technologies
- User Experience Design